The most important asset that many businesses possess today is intellectual property.Our intellectual property attorneys have experience analyzing, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. They tailor solutions and execute on protection plans to meet client needs. Our clients are diverse and include authors, publishing companies, musicians, entertainers, drag racing facilities, filmmakers and photographers, media companies software developers, designers, sports figures, and real estate brokers. Our attorneys have experience:
- Registering trademarks, patents and copyrights in the U.S. and around the world and conducting necessary due diligence
- I.P. portfolio management
- Investigating data privacy breaches
- Negotiating licensing, marketing and distribution agreements
- Advising clients regarding entertainment rights, right of publicity and right of privacy issues
- Developing online enforcement protocols, privacy policies, user terms and membership agreements
Intellectual Property Litigation
Our intellectual property litigators conduct litigation to enforce, defend and/or challenge trademarks, copyrights, false advertising, licensing, trade secrets and all forms of intellectual property rights. We develop and complement sound and effective strategies in connection with intellectual property disputes.
Recently, we successfully represented a closing manufacturer’s trademark infringement claim and in the process, further solidified our client’s trademark rights. We successfully represented a school in an action to protect its trademark, thereby requiring its competitor to cease using certain teaching material. We successfully negotiated an agreement allowing our client to register a trademark in the face of a challenge by a holder of a similar mark.